Sunday, September 23, 2012

WOW... WE CAN do hard things!


We really CAN do hard things!

We hiked from the school up Maple Canyon to Whiting Campground for a grand total of 7 miles.
All the kids were amazing!  The second grade teachers were very proud!









Along the way we saw spiders, webs, pheasants, caterpillars, birds, rocks, colorful leaves and lots of insects!  On the way home, I had a friend jump on my foot, climb up my leg and ride my shoulder all the way back to school.  The kids named it COOKIE (it was a praying mantis).  I put it in a cup and released it in my garden.  So glad to have a friend at home!                                            
And it wouldn't be second grade without loosing their tooth.  Way to go Zoie!  Hope the Tooth Fairy made it to your house!


The past few weeks we also enjoyed a puppet show, math rotations and a visit from a kitten.

SECOND GRADE ROCKS!!!





















No comments:

Post a Comment